Sunday, October 16, 2016

Digital Blog Post #G

Chapter 10 - Promoting Success for All Students through Technology

Universal designs of learning - is a application of universal design principals to educational settings

   The universal design learning also known as UDL was design to understand how the brain process information so schools can accommodate broad students needs. There are three ways that the brain process knowledge.

Multiple means of representation : learners various ways of acquiring information and knowledge.

Multiple means of expression : demonstrating what they know.

Multiple means of engagement : learners interest, appropriate challenges, and increase motivation.



    I chose this as my first point because understanding how the brain works is the first step to understanding your student and I believe it's important that we know our students and understand how they learn and take things in.

Writing transformation with technology 

     For me I love writing it's my passion and it's one of my strongest suit. I could write for days non stop but not a lot of people feel the same way especially students. There are many reasons why students feel the way they do towards writing. Some of those reasons are as follows. 

1) Pressure 
2) Lack of confidence
3) Lack of joy
4) Misdirected self evaluation 
5) Lack of patience
6) Ideas of being smart



     

     Every writer should be happy and motivated to write. That's why as a future teacher I want my students to enjoy writing and not feel bored about doing so, I want them to express themselves within the purpose of the paper. I would love to see my students develop the same passion I have for writing because its a great way to express emotions and who you are.

 Process approaches to writing



There are five steps to becoming a successful writer: 

1) Prewriting/brainstorming
2) Drafting
3) Revsing 
4) Editing
5) Publishing

     The five steps I've mentioned above are the steps that every student should follow to write a successful paper/essay. In school before the teacher even allowed us to begin writing a paper they expected us to brainstorm because it's the important step of them all I believe because you are gathering all your ideas and evidence. That's why I have it in bold. As a teacher we should teach our students these steps so when it comes time they are prepared to write a successful paper/essay.

Resources:

I. (2015). Making Sense of Universal Design for Learning. Retrieved October 16, 2016, from https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MOUdmzaZrc8

Maloy, Robert, Verock-O’Loughlin,Ruth-Ellen, Edwards, Sharon A., and Woolf, Beverly Park (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education, Inc.

Mignot, C. (n.d.). I Hate Writing Essays. Retrieved October 16, 2016, from http://vixaan.com/i-hate-writing-essays.aspx

Wordle - Create. (n.d.). Retrieved October 16, 2016, from http://www.wordle.net/create







No comments:

Post a Comment