Sunday, September 11, 2016

Digital Blog Post #B - Chapter 2


1) Teaching methods an important part of teaching. They consist of the following small groups of activities this helps with communciation skills and it's important to me that my students interact with each other. Then you have students presentations and communication skills this can help increase students public speaking skills which is important because till this day I'm still struggling with public speaking. Lastly the last important teaching method is large group teacher led discussion lectures because as a teacher it's important to interact with my students and connect with them through a lecture or lesson so they get a person.

2)National Educational Technology Standards also known as NETs for teacher and students. The important part of this technology are the students and that's what I want to focus on which consist of the following creativity, communication, working collaboration, learning skills of information research and fluency, critically thinking while problem solving and decision making. I find that these are important because all of the following that I mentioned are attributes I want my students to develop. Being creative can bring out a students personality, communication is something whether student or teacher or any person should know how to do, collaborating with each other to produce great ideas for assignments, learning research skills and fluency students should know how to properly develop research skills and find important information, and lastly critically thinking while problem solving and decision making is important because students should be able to solve problem clearly and rationally.




3) Here are 3 point to why teaching career that matters. As a teacher I want to help my students process academic material so they can understand, process and use it in the future. The next one is what I consider to be important is we should be able to teach and reach students and establish their unique and individual ways. Lastly student should be able to balance outside and inside school influences helping them balance to maintain academic achievement. Though all these are important the second point I mentioned above because I want my students to be able to be their own person and show their personalities.


To conclude I believe that students have a lot to learn and have a lot to develop to become a better students. As a teacher its our job to bring out the best in each and every student.

References:

"Login - Register at ToonDoo - World's Fastest Way to Create Cartoons!" Login - Register at    ToonDoo - World's Fastest Way to Create Cartoons! N.p., n.d. Web. 11 Sept. 2016.

Maloy, R., O'Loughlin, R., Edwards, S., & Woolf, B. (2013). Transforming Learning with New Technologies. 2nd Edition. Boston, MA: Pearson Education Inc

Http://www.youtube.com/channel/UCi3PvMc0CM3Zi_blrJa4e4w. "National Educational Technology Standards NETS Assignment 1 2." YouTube. YouTube, 2015. Web. 11 Sept. 2016.






No comments:

Post a Comment